FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
Q: What is the attire/dress code for the rehearsal/performance?
A: Wear a free dress for rehearsals. Wear a formal concert dress as follows. Arrive dressed for the dress rehearsal.
- Top: White long-sleeve collared shirt with a black necktie (not a bowtie),
- Bottom: Black dress pants
- Socks: Black dress socks
- Shoes: Black dress shoes (no sneakers; no white or light brown colored lines, no hat)
*Common mistakes: white socks, sneakers, short-sleeve shirt
- Top: White long-sleeve blouse (lace collar OK)
- Bottom: Black floor-length skirt or dress pants (NO leggings style)
- Stockings: Black dress stockings (no white stockings)
- Shoes: Black dress shoes (no sandals)
- Long Hair: Wear a hair band or hair pin if you have long hair.
*Common mistakes: light brown-color stockings, short skirt/blouse, short pants, ankle-length skirt, ankle-length pants, sneaker.
Send Us Your Concert Dress Photo
To ensure your child’s concert dress, please take a picture and upload it as follows:
- Dress up, wearing your black socks/black shoes/black tie
- Seating posture (seat on a ladder back chair; no wheels; standing posture for SATB singers)
- From head to toe & along with your instrument
- Take a picture with your iPhone/smartphone
- Upload your photo via Dropbox: click here
Tailcoat Suit, Tuxedo, or Formal Concert Dress
Soloist Dress Code
Free-Colored Formal Concert Dress.
We recommend that you may Google or search for “Prom dresses.” In the past, a couple of specialty shops for concert dresses worked, but they have mostly merged into prom or wedding dress shops for guests. If you know a fashion designer, you may be able to customize a concert dress.
- To see a local wedding dress shop, click this link: David’s Bridal LA
LAYP Concert Dress Code Photo
You may get one at your local stores or online.
Yes-No Example Photos
LAYPO’s Suggestions for a Long Hair Style
We need to do our best to serve the audience in a professional way as a selected performer to represent LAYP. Unless you wear a hair band/hairpin or do hairstyles like the example photos below,
- your long hair may cover your instrument or
- you may add unnecessary motions to remove your long hair from your shoulders or instrument or
- your long hair may distract the musical concentration.
Concert Dress Company Website
The following company is NOT affiliated with LAYP. This information is for your reference only.
- Formal Fashion Inc. https://formalfashionsinc.com
On this website, you may search:
- “Performance Knit Blouse”
- “Floor Length Skirt”
- “Palazzo Pants”
- “White Dress Shirt”
- “Comfort Fit Flat Front Dress Trousers”
- “Comfort Fit Double Pleated Dress”
- “Complete Outfit with Dress Pant/ White Dress Shirt”